With the increase popularity of Club Penguin and the many movies and television shows created for younger audiences featuring these black and white birds, penguins are fun animals to include in a preschool curriculum. Penguins can be found within a number of preschool lesson plans, such as arctic animals, ice, and birds. This article suggests ideas for a theme day (or week) surrounding penguins with preschool songs, books, crafts and other activities.
- are birds, but cannot fly
- spend 75% of their time in the ocean, looking for food
- can leap out of ocean and dive in
- keep warm with a layer of blubber and their fluffy feathers
- daddy penguin will watch over the egg while mommy gets food (and vice versa)
- baby penguins are called chicks
- they waddle and they huddle together for warmth